Monday 16 November 2009

Fourth Year Design Project



It is now two months into my final year project and I am currently focusing on everyday objects that are taken for granted and hoping to give them new life.

To get started I have used Jane Fulton Suri's method of looking at people doing 'Thoughtless Acts.' I went around homes and public spaces taking pictures of interesting situtations and used these images to compile a book of 100 ideas from thoughtless acts.

Last week we had an 'Ideas Day' that involved numerous members from the design industry. These included Daljit Singh, Andrew Shoben, Bill Gaver, Richard Banks, Tim Regan and Charlie Rohan. They were helping us to decide upon which ideas to focus on and develope for the degree show. They helped me narrow my ideas down to 5 or 6 from the 100. They suggested that the ideas needed to be put in context, but they liked how I was trying to create contrasts.

The next stage is PLAY. So I will start to experiment with the technology and materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment